Siew Yuk (Chinese Roast Pork Belly) - Air Fryer
Firstly, would like to thank Alice Chin for
sharing this yummy and hassle free dish.
This recipe is superbly yummy and
the skin came out very crispy.
416g of Pork Belly (Wash, clean and dry)
1 teaspoon of 5 Spice Powder.
1/2 cup (or more) Salt.
6 cloves of Garlic.
1) Mix the 5 Spice Powder with pinch of Salt.
6 peeled Garlic.
2 & 3) Made horizontal slit on all the 4 sides.
4 & 5) Push the Garlic inside deeply.
6) Rub the 5 Spice Powder all over the meat
(except for the skin). Marinade for 20 minutes or more.
1) Place the Pork Belly on the grill pan.
2) Lay the Salt on top of the skin generously and evenly.
Air Fry at 190 Degree Celsius for 35 minutes.
3) Take out the grill pan and remove the Salt crust.
4) Air Fry again at 200 Degree Celsius for another 20 minutes.
(Note : The timing depends on the size of your meat.
Please check on your meat occasionally to avoid burning it.)
Note : If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake it
for 180 Degree Celsius for 1 hour and subsequent
240 Degree Celsius for 40 minutes.
Don't freak out upon hearing the "tuk tuk" sound,
it is a crispy skin sound....not a hard skin sound.
Serve with chili sauce or hoisin sauce :)